Click the map for participating Culinary Partner locations.
Sustainable Seafood Culinary Partners Program
- Enable informed decision making by providing transparent, science-based information on Gulf of Maine (GoM) seafood to chefs and restaurant staff
- Broaden consumer knowledge of and support for sustainable seafood, especially from the GoM
- Motivate and reward restaurant environmental sustainability initiatives
- Create a community of restaurateurs committed to marine resource stewardship
Culinary Partner Commitments:
- Always offer sustainable GoM seafood on the menu: at least one Responsibly Harvested Verified species at all times; a minimum of 20% of seafood items are from the GoM bioregion
- Educate themselves and customers about seafood sustainability: attend an annual seminar; keep up-to-date on GoM fisheries issues; share seafood sourcing and sustainability information with customers
- Improve on the sustainability of their operations: work towards annual goals to minimize their environmental footprint
Events & Media:
Culinary Partners Program Overview
Note: Use of the GMRI Culinary Partners seal is limited to active Culinary Partners Program participants. To learn more about how to become engaged in the program, please contact James Benson at (207) 228-1684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.